About Contact Subscribe Calendar Publish Print Donate

East Bay | Education & Student Activism

40+ I-880 arrestees released in Oakland; those in Santa Rita trickling out
by arrestee
Friday Mar 5th, 2010 3:50 PM
I believe all 40+ of us who were being held at Glenn Dyer in Oakland got released this morning and are safe (though exhausted, and some injured by cops).
The rest of the arrestees are just now being released from Santa Rita. We all got charged with unlawful assembly and obstruction of a public place (both misdemeanors).... Lots of us (myself included) have a court date of 4/5, 9AM at Wiley Manuel Courthouse in Oakland.
§correction
by _ Friday Mar 5th, 2010 5:16 PM
several people (at least 2 at oakland and 1 at santa rita) are being held on bail, charges of resisting arrest and or assault. so not everyone is out from north county.
§Different Court Dates
by Anon Friday Mar 5th, 2010 5:34 PM
At least some of the Oakland people have 4/2 dates, not 4/5. Could someone post information about supporting the folks who are not released, and who is coordinating legal support for them?

by Anon
Friday Mar 5th, 2010 9:17 PM
Came through big time at Santa Rita today. You should have filled out the outtake form and they will be in touch. They also met with individuals being held over the wknd. Please followup with the NLG if you did not do outtake at 415-285-1011.
by student
Friday Mar 5th, 2010 11:36 PM
who knew while we were holding it down in SF that our oakland brothers and sisters really were 'shutting it down'! you guys are brave as hell and I respect and send my best wishes for your courage yesterday. I'm gonna do what I can to come to the court hearings and support you. if there are carpools from the city, plz post info here so we dont have to support the BART to support you!

~in solidarity!
by the way
Friday Mar 5th, 2010 11:39 PM
one person from downtown oakland received a resisting arrest charge. another person is most likely receiving another charge that is not confirmed. they were transfered to santa rita. most likely the people who are going to see a judge will be givin a court date that can be posted, and people could go to that to support them. that would be really great. that will be posted when it becomes available.
by Prom
Saturday Mar 6th, 2010 11:11 PM
I can confirm that another arrestee, Tim Simons, is still being held in Santa Rita after being charged with resisting arrest. He needs our support so he can get out of that shithole as fast as possible!
by eve
Monday Mar 8th, 2010 4:04 PM
as far as i know he has only misdemenor charges and he called and said his arraignment was this morning at 9 and he thought he would be released. I haven't heard from him or found anything in the news about those still being held in santa rita, so let me know if anyone knows whats going on with it!!!