11:30am Festival/Rally, followed by 1pm March on Chevron oil refinery
Organized by the Mobilization for Climate Justice – West
Phone/email: 415 373 3825, mcjbay [at] gmail.com
Join us to protest
- Chevron’s polluting oil refinery in Richmond
- Chevron and oil industry expansions - killing people and the planet for profit
- Chevron and Big Oil standing in the way of solutions to climate change
Join us to support
- A cap on the type of crude Chevron can refine in Richmond
- Local communities in struggle against Chevron
- Environmental justice, public health, and worker safety
- Meaningful climate change solutions that embrace sustainable renewable alternatives and green jobs
We will gather near the Richmond BART station for a festival/rally at 11:30am on August 15th, with live music, performance, and food. At 1pm, we will begin marching towards the Chevron oil refinery, where there will be the opportunity to participate in non-violent civil disobedience against the refinery.
This action marks the launch of the Mobilization for Climate Justice whose goal is to empower community-based activists and networks to lead a global movement in confronting the root causes of climate change at home, while defining self-determination pathways for a new energy economy. In the greater Bay Area, the Mobilization for Climate Justice West is organizing a series of demonstrations and educational events to generate “street heat” around climate justice in the lead-up to the international climate change negotiations in Copenhagen in December.